Monday, September 10, 2007

Ep 9 - Lingerie Finale


Well we've come to the end of the Contemporary Lingerie Cabinet.

In this Episode we evaluate the entire finished case, we revisit some of the important design elements, discuss how important they are in the final appearance of the Quarter Sawn Ash Lingerie Cabinet, and answer some e-mail questions.

This is a Modern piece of furniture done with a minimalist approach so there is nowhere to hide poor craftsmanship. The cabinet is a very, very good build.

Enjoy and look forward to our next project as we investigate Italian designer Carlo Mollino.

Neil

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned a ton from this project. Admittedly, at first I was skeptical because my taste in furniture is more conservative. In watching the episodes I was able to gain an understanding of the attention to detail and fine craftsmanship that goes into a piece like this. I am eager to try my hand at some of the techniques that you demonstrated. In particular the veneering has opened me up to a new world of woodworking. I look forward to following your next project from start to finish.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Neil. I enjoyed this project, and look forward to the next one. Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Anonymous said...

Neil,

Great job! You are justifiably proud of a beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing the entire process with us. I certainly picked up quite a few new things, and I enjoyed all the shows.

Kudos for owning up to your tablesaw technique and showing us a better way. I know you take safety seriously, and calling out that change really reinforces the message.

Anonymous said...

Neil -

Awesome conclusion! This was a great project and video blog series to follow. I greatly appreciate all the tips on shop efficiency and the insight to furniture design. I also like how to touched base with email comments and questions. Thanks again for opening up your shop and more importantly sharing your skill and expertise. You are touching more woodworkers than you can imagine! Your blog is on my “must check each day list”! Awesome work! Looking forward to what is next in your shop.

Subscribe in a reader